Lerner Interactive Books™
Lerner Interactive Books™ offer nonfiction and high-interest books for K-6 in an exciting interactive format. Designed to improve key literacy skills for emergent and struggling readers, Lerner Interactive Books™ make reading fun—not frustrating.
Key benefits of Lerner Interactive Books™
- Support a variety of learners and programs: Beginning readers, struggling readers, auditory learners, ELL/ESL students, special needs, blended learning, reading recovery/early intervention, literacy initiatives, small-group and whole-class instruction, after-school programs.
- Engage students: Familiar, easy-to-use controls make readers comfortable. Professional narration pulls readers into the story, providing emphasis and inflection that assist in comprehension.
- Help improve reading skills: Text highlights assist readers in making audio and visual connections. Students quickly build their word recognition, pronunciation, and fluency skills. Each title also contains a pen and highlighter tool for interacting with the text.
- Adapt to readers with three audio speeds: Users can match the reading speed to the appropriate pace, allowing readers to advance as their skills and confidence grow.
- Provide great value: Lerner Interactive Books’ multi-user access allows books to be used by an unlimited number of students at the same time. Schools buy once and own forever.
- Supplemental features: Each book features enhanced content such as a comprehension quiz, downloadable activities, online games, video and sound clips, glossary and more!
- Help section: A teaching guide and an implementation guide provide lesson ideas. Additionally educators can access a white paper detailing the reading development research behind Lerner Interactive Books.