eSource: Lerner ™ Sports Database
Score big with sports fans, reluctant readers, and report writers!
Lerner Sports is a database of high-interest biographies profiling sports superstars. Packed with fascinating facts, these bios explore the backgrounds, career-defining moments, and everyday lives of popular athletes. Lerner Sports is perfect for students in grades 2-5 developing research skills or looking for exciting sports content.
Lerner Sports is an accessible, interactive reading and research tool. With a kid-friendly, easy-to-use design, Lerner Sports helps teach modern research skills and promotes digital literacy via unique sports content. Easy search tools and convenient filters lead students to fun, age-appropriate articles full of regularly updated information. Sports buffs and report writers alike will find plenty to cheer about while developing online research skills!
Register for a free trial at https://lernersports.com/
- 300+ Sports Biographies: Binge-worthy biographical articles on famous athletes include “Fast Facts”, stats, trivia, photos, highlights and more, updated regularly.
- High Interest for Young Readers: Lerner Sports is designed specifically for grades 2-5, with expertly leveled text.
- Privacy Guaranteed: Nothing to download, and no student information required. Lerner Sports is a completely closed browser-based system – no links to the general internet.
- Accessible by All Students: Lerner Sports is compatible with text-to-speech and enhanced text visibility programs to ensure all learners can read and succeed.
- Sports in Any Language: Articles can be instantly translated into over 100 languages via Google Translate.
- Curriculum Connections: Lerner Sports correlates to AASL Learning Standards, CSTA Computer Science Standards, and Common Core Standards regarding technology, research, and comprehension.
- Researcher’s Pinch-Hitter: Bolded glossary words with instant pop-up definitions, source notes, and citation tools allow students to use Lerner Sports for report writing and research.
- Easy to Navigate: Fuzzy logic search results help students find exactly what they’re looking for, while topic navigation menus and related articles encourage browsing.
- Responsive design works on desktops, laptops, Chromebooks and tablets
- Access from school or home with dedicated authenticated URL
- Various pricing models available – please inquire for details
- No student passwords required!
- Admin view of reader statistics, so you know which athletes and sports are most popular with your students
- Features well-known and notable athletes from the following sports: baseball, basketball, boxing/MMA, football, gymnastics, hockey, horse racing, Olympics, racecar driving, skiing, snowboarding, soccer, swimming, tennis, and wrestling.
|Lerner ™ Sports Database: Lerner Sports Database Reading Challenge||147 KB|