Space in Action: Augmented Reality (Alternator Books ® )
GradeGrade 3 - Grade 6
It’s like a pop-up book on your digital device!
Explore outer space through interactive augmented reality experiences! Discover what scientists have learned about planets, stars, black holes, and more, and learn about the cutting-edge technology that astronauts use. Space fans will be thrilled by true augmented reality features that give readers a close-up look at the cosmos.
Download the free Lerner AR app from your device’s app store. As you read, look for the Lerner AR icon throughout the book. It means there is an augmented reality experience on that page! Use the app to scan the picture near the icon to access bonus augmented reality content related to that page. Watch a black hole eat a sun, see the moon’s orbit, look around on Mars as if you’re actually there. Each book contains 3-5 AR experiences based on real NASA models to explain planetary orbits, black holes, comets and asteroids, the solar system, space stations, and the machines and gear that astronauts use to explore the galaxy.
- Easy to use, intuitive augmented reality viewer
- Tips & tricks and interactive instruction help you get the most out of the experience
- Brings digital content to the reading experience in a way that short links or QR codes simply can’t provide
- Backmatter includes free downloadable 3D printer models
- a star being born
- a star dying/exploding
- Voyager 2 leaving the heliosphere and becoming the second artifact to leave the solar system the Space Launch System launching
- a humanoid robot built for space exploration
- future space vehicles
- Cassini orbiting Saturn and then crashing into the planet
- the early solar system forming
|*Space in Action: Augmented Reality (Alternator Books ® ): Additional Augmented Reality Resources||2.92 MB|
- Available in limited formats
- Soon! Fall 2020
- New! Spring 2020
- New! Fall 2019