Lerner Maker Lab
Try, build, make, do with Lerner Maker Lab!
Lerner Maker Lab is an accessible, interactive database of 575+ hands-on STEAM projects for grades 2-5. With a kid-friendly, easy-to-use design, Lerner Maker Lab opens a world of creativity with project ideas from crafting to experimenting. Easy-to-find materials and prompts for when to get an adult’s help make Lerner Maker Lab a user-friendly tool for hands-on fun. Perfect for makerspaces, libraries without makerspaces, at-home use, and anywhere kids want to roll their sleeves up and get creative!
Register for a free trial at https://lernermakerlab.com/
- 575+ Hands-On Maker Projects: Crafternoon-worthy STEAM projects in a variety of categories include materials list, step by step instructions, photos and illustrations, and more.
- High Interest for Young Readers: Lerner Maker Lab is designed specifically for grades 2-5, expertly designed for different skill levels.
- Privacy Guaranteed: Nothing to download, and no student information required. Lerner Maker Lab is a completely closed browser-based system – no links to the general internet.
- Accessible by All Students: Lerner Maker Lab is compatible with text-to-speech and enhanced text visibility programs to ensure all learners can read and succeed.
- Projects in Any Language: Projects can be instantly translated into more than 100 languages via Google Translate.
- Science Standards: Science projects meet Next Generation Science Standards in Life Science, Physical Science, Engineering and Design, and more.
- CC and CSTA Standards: Meets CSTA Computing Practice and Programming standards to use developmentally appropriate multimedia resources and Common Core standards regarding research, reading, and comprehension.
- Easy to Navigate: Fuzzy logic search results help students find exactly what they’re looking for, while category navigation menus and related projects encourage browsing.
- Responsive design works on desktops, laptops, Chromebooks and tablets
- Access from school or home with dedicated authenticated URL
- Various pricing models available—please inquire for details
- No student passwords required!
- Admin view of user statistics, so you know which projects are most popular with your students
- Features projects in the following categories: Craft, Build, Experiment, Eat and Celebrate
“These are kid-pleasing activities . . . [A] great way to get kids into tinkering mindsets.”—Booklist
School Library Journal
“With a clean, enticing layout; simplicity of navigation; and a significant database of projects linked to a range of content areas, Lerner Maker Lab is a useful resource for elementary classroom teachers and subject specialists (art, technology, etc.) and especially for librarians looking to establish or bolster a makerspace with guided projects.”—School Library Journal