Let's Investigate How Trees Grow
From the Series Get Started with STEM
This vibrant, colorful science book brings STEM to life and gets students thinking and working like scientists as they investigate how trees grow, stay healthy, and reproduce.
The book will get readers asking and answering questions, making observations, collecting, recording, and analyzing data, performing tests, using scientific language and equipment, and having fun with experiments and science activities.
- Discover how huge trees grow from tiny seeds
- Learn how a tree’s branches and trunk grow
- See how a tree’s roots spread underground delivering water and nutrients to the tree
- Explore how a tree’s leaves make food through photosynthesis
- Discover how trees produce oxygen and take carbon dioxide from the air
- Investigate how trees produce flowers and fruits
- And learn about a wide range of unusual trees from around the world
- The book is supported with free, downloadable worksheets, activities, and resources for teachers
Packed with facts and beautiful photographs, this title is perfect for non-fiction reading and is ideal for teaching all aspects of tree life cycles.
|Interest Level||Kindergarten - Grade 3|
|Reading Level||Grade 2|
|Category||5 Kinds of Nonfiction, 5KN: Traditional Nonfiction, STEM, STEM: Life Science/Plants|
|Publisher||Ruby Tuesday Books|
|Imprint||Ruby Tuesday Books|
|Number of Pages||32|
Author: Ruth Owen
Ruth Owen has written more than 400 children’s books. She writes on many subjects, but science and nature are her favorite topics to research and make accessible for young readers.
Lerner eSource™ offers free digital teaching and learning resources, including Common Core State Standards (CCSS) teaching guides. These guides, created by classroom teachers, offer short lessons and writing exercises that give students specific instruction and practice using Common Core skills and strategies. Lerner eSource also provides additional resources including online activities, downloadable/printable graphic organizers, and additional educational materials that would also support Common Core instruction. Download, share, pin, print, and save as many of these free resources as you like!
Get Started with STEM
This vibrant, colorful science series brings STEM to life and gets your students thinking and working like scientists. Readers will get to ask and answer questions; make observations; collect, record, and analyze data; perform tests; use simple scientific… View available downloads →