A Sesame Street ® Language Guide for Making Friends
Become a smarter, stronger, and kinder friend with Sesame Street!
Big Bird, Elmo, and their international friends help kids learn how to welcome others in Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Hebrew, and Mandarin Chinese.
- Beginning with an explanation of how to read Arabic from right to left, readers explore words such as “Hello” (Mar-HAB-aan) and “Please” (Ra-ja). Arabic script is shown along with phonetic pronunciation.
- Discover French words from pets to family members so you can learn to be meilleurs amis (best friends).
- Lass uns spielen! Let’s play – with friends who speak German. Words for everyday things like toys and numbers help us become freunds (friends).
- Readers are first introduced to how to read Hebrew from right to left, then to words like friendship (kha-ve-RUT) and thank you (to-DA). Hebrew text is shown along with phonetic pronunciation.
- After a brief overview of pinyin and rising and falling pitch, readers learn words and phrases like “Will you be my friend?” and “You are welcome.” Chinese characters are shown along with a pinyin pronunciation guide.
- Hola y bienvenido! Readers learn welcoming words, including colors and emotions, so they can make friends who speak Spanish.
978-1-5415-8679-6Temporarily out of stock
|Interest Level||Grade 1 - Grade 2|
|Publisher||Lerner Publishing Group|
|Brand||Sesame Street ®|
|Imprint||Lerner Publications ™|
|Number of Pages||176|