Kevin Kurtz has loved books, science, and nature since he was a kid. His first children’s book, A Day in the Salt Marsh, was published in 2007. He lives in Rochester, New York and continues to write books and visit schools around the country.
What was your favorite book when you were a child?
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
What’s your favorite line from a book?
“Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.”—First and Last Notebooks by Simone Weil
Who are your top three favorite authors or illustrators?
Charles Schulz, Dr. Seuss, Beverly Cleary
Why did you want to become an author or illustrator?
Since I was a kid, I have loved books and wanted to be a part of that world. I wanted to be an author because I truly enjoy using words to express my thoughts and ideas about the amazing things I have learned about our universe.
Do you have any advice for future authors or illustrators?
Writing is like sports in that, the more you practice, the better you will be at it, so write as much as you can. And have fun with it! Write about what ever most excites you, be it in the real world or in your imagination.
- What Makes Sports Gear Safer?
- Cutting-Edge Blockchain and Bitcoin
- Climate Change and Rising Temperatures
- Climate Change and Rising Sea Levels
- Cutting-Edge Space Tourism
- Comets and Asteroids in Action (An Augmented Reality Experience)
- Cutting-Edge Black Holes Research
- Black Holes in Action (An Augmented Reality Experience)