Nadia Higgins is the author of 50-plus books for the school library market. She also worked as an editor in the industry for almost ten years. Many of her books have a science bent, though she’s also written about pop stars, car art, and zombies. Nadia lives in Minneapolis with her husband and two young daughters.
What was your favorite book when you were a child?
The Velveteen Rabbit
What’s your favorite line from a book?
“People aren’t either wicked or noble. They’re like chef’s salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.” –The Grim Grotto, Lemony Snicket
Who are your top three favorite authors or illustrators?
Beverly Cleary, L.M. Montgomery, Lemony Snicket
Why did you want to become an author or illustrator?
Writing books for kids is the most interesting job out there. I’m constantly researching information and saying to myself, “What is the core of what’s happening here, and how can I make it as vivid as possible?”
Do you have any advice for future authors or illustrators?
It sounds corny but it would have to be, Let your passion lead you. If you work on projects that you’re glad to think about while you do the dishes, you will be successful.
- Bruno Mars: Pop Singer and Producer
- Bella Thorne: Shaking Up the Small Screen
- Experiment with a Plant's Living Environment
- Logan Lerman: The Perks of Being an Action Star
- Fun Food Inventions
- Experiment with Photosynthesis
- Jennifer Lawrence: The Hunger Games' Girl on Fire
- Nicholas Hoult: Beast of the Silver Screen
- Justin Bieber: Pop and R & B Idol
- What's Great about Minnesota?