Melinda Thielbar is a writer, teacher, statistician, and student of the martial arts. Manga Math Mysteries, including The Kung Fu Puzzle and The Secret Ghost is her first children’s series.
In 2005, Melinda left SAS to finish a PhD in statistics. She was awarded a VIGRE fellowship at North Carolina State University. This fellowship is awarded to students likely to make a strong contribution to education in the mathematics and statistics field. Again, Melinda earned a fantastic reputation in the classroom. Her statistics lectures and examples were known for their ability to hold her students’ interest—no easy task in a statistics for non-majors class that’s held at 8:00am.
Melinda lives in Raleigh, North Carolina with her husband, writer Richard Dansky, and their three cats. She is currently working on the research portion of her PhD.
- The Hundred-Dollar Robber: A Mystery with Money
- The Secret Ghost: A Mystery with Distance and Measurement
- The Lost Key: A Mystery with Whole Numbers
- The Fishy Fountain: A Mystery with Multiplication and Division
- The Ancient Formula: A Mystery with Fractions
- The Kung Fu Puzzle: A Mystery with Time and Temperature
- The Book Bandit: A Mystery with Geometry