Thomas Yeates grew up in Sacramento, northern California. He attended college in Utah, Sacramento, the Joe Kubert School in New Jersey. Since then he has been working as an illustrator, focusing on high adventure in the comic book/graphic novel field. He has worked for most of the major companies in that field, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Eclipse, etc. He has illustrated Swamp Thing, Timespirits, Tarzan, Conan, Zorro, myths and legends for Lerner Publishing, and many short stories. Most recently he has illustrated Edgar Rice Burroughs’ John Carter of Mars for Barnes & Noble Publishing and is currently illustrating a series of books by the popular writer Anthony Horowitz.
- Perseus: The Hunt for Medusa's Head [A Greek Myth]
- Odysseus: Escaping Poseidon's Curse [A Greek Legend]
- Atalanta: The Race against Destiny [A Greek Myth]
- Arthur & Lancelot: The Fight for Camelot [An English Legend]
- King Arthur: Excalibur Unsheathed [An English Legend]
- William Tell: One against an Empire [A Swiss Legend]
- Robin Hood: Outlaw of Sherwood Forest [An English Legend]