Rebecca L. Johnson
Rebecca L. Johnson writes award-winning nonfiction for children and young adults about scientific discoveries and the scientists who make them. She hopes her books will inspire new generations of scientists by introducing readers to some of the remarkable species with whom we share the planet. Learn more at www.rebeccajohnsonbooks.com.
What was your favorite book when you were a child?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
What’s your favorite line from a book?
“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.”—Roald Dahl, The Minpins
Who are your top three favorite authors or illustrators?
E.B. White, Kate DiCamillo, Diane Ackerman
Why did you want to become an author or illustrator?
In a nutshell, I like learning about new things and then sharing what I’ve learned with other people.
Do you have any advice for future authors or illustrators?
Read everything you can! Every book is like a door to a new world or a new way of thinking.
- When Lunch Fights Back: Wickedly Clever Animal Defenses
- Journey into the Deep: Discovering New Ocean Creatures
- Genetics, 2nd Edition
- Atomic Structure, 2nd Edition
- Battle of the Dinosaur Bones: Othniel Charles Marsh vs Edward Drinker Cope
- Nature's Ninja: Animals with Spectacular Skills
- Plate Tectonics, 2nd Edition
- Your Digestive System
- Chernobyl's Wild Kingdom: Life in the Dead Zone
- Your Muscular System