Jason Miskimins grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, and graduated from the Columbus College of Art & Design with a BFA in illustration. He currently lives in North Olmsted, Ohio, where he creates illustrations for books and greeting cards.
What was your favorite book when you were a child?
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Who are your top three favorite authors or illustrators?
My three favorite illustrators are David Sheldon, Bob Kolar, and Jim Paillot.
Why did you want to become an author or illustrator?
I always loved drawing as a kid and I always wanted to be an artist of some kind. Being an illustrator allows me to do what I love every day.
Do you have any advice for future authors or illustrators?
Figure out what type of art you like and study the work of your favorite artists. This is the best way to develop your artistic skills.
- The Peaches on the Beaches: A Book about Inflectional Endings
- Whose Shoes Would You Choose?: A Long Vowel Sounds Book with Consonant Digraphs
- The Thing on the Wing Can Sing: A Short Vowel Sounds Book with Consonant Digraphs
- The Frail Snail on the Trail: A Long Vowel Sounds Book with Consonant Blends
- Stop, Drop, and Flop in the Slop: A Short Vowel Sounds Book with Consonant Blends
- The Nice Mice in the Rice: A Long Vowel Sounds Book
- The Bug in the Jug Wants a Hug: A Short Vowel Sounds Book
- The Clown in the Gown Drives the Car with the Star: A Book about Diphthongs and R-Controlled Vowels