This product is not available for purchase: Inactive
Smart and Busy Pollinators
From the Series Tell Me More! Science
Packed with curriculum science information, this title is a celebration of bees everywhere that will introduce young readers to the busy and complicated lives of these super pollinators.
Readers will meet bees that lick human sweat, leafcutter bees that build nests from tiny pieces of leaf, mining bees, honeybees that live in colonies of 100,000, and the queen bees who make it all possible.
- Meet some weird but very wonderful species of unusual bees
- Discover how bees help pollinate many of the food plants that humans rely on
- Go on a foraging flight with a bee and see up close how she gathers nectar and then turns it into honey
- See inside a bees’ nest and learn about bee life cycles
- And find out why Earth’s bees are in trouble and what we can all do to help them
This book is perfect for learning about life cycles, habitats, and ecosystems and is also a fascinating non-fiction read for fans of wildlife and readers who enjoy information books.