Lerner ™ Sports Database
Score big with sports fans, reluctant readers, and report writers!
Lerner Sports is a database of high-interest biographies profiling sports superstars. Packed with fascinating facts, these bios explore the backgrounds, career-defining moments, and everyday lives of popular athletes. Lerner Sports is perfect for students in grades 2-5 developing research skills or looking for exciting sports content.
Lerner Sports is an accessible, interactive reading and research tool. With a kid-friendly, easy-to-use design, Lerner Sports helps teach modern research skills and promotes digital literacy via unique sports content. Easy search tools and convenient filters lead students to fun, age-appropriate articles full of regularly updated information. Sports buffs and report writers alike will find plenty to cheer about while developing online research skills!
Register for a free trial at https://lernersports.com/
- 375+ Sports Biographies: Binge-worthy biographical articles on famous athletes include “Fast Facts”, stats, trivia, photos, highlights and more, updated regularly.
- High Interest for Young Readers: Lerner Sports is designed specifically for grades 2-5, with expertly leveled text.
- Privacy Guaranteed: Nothing to download, and no student information required. Lerner Sports is a completely closed browser-based system – no links to the general internet.
- Accessible by All Students: Lerner Sports is compatible with text-to-speech and enhanced text visibility programs to ensure all learners can read and succeed.
- Sports in Any Language: Articles can be instantly translated into over 100 languages via Google Translate.
- Curriculum Connections: Lerner Sports correlates to AASL Learning Standards, CSTA Computer Science Standards, and Common Core Standards regarding technology, research, and comprehension.
- Researcher’s Pinch-Hitter: Bolded glossary words with instant pop-up definitions, source notes, and citation tools allow students to use Lerner Sports for report writing and research.
- Easy to Navigate: Fuzzy logic search results help students find exactly what they’re looking for, while topic navigation menus and related articles encourage browsing.
- Responsive design works on desktops, laptops, Chromebooks and tablets
- Access from school or home with dedicated authenticated URL
- Various pricing models available – please inquire for details
- No student passwords required!
- Admin view of reader statistics, so you know which athletes and sports are most popular with your students
- Features well-known and notable athletes from the following sports: baseball, basketball, boxing/MMA, football, gymnastics, hockey, horse racing, Olympics, racecar driving, skiing, snowboarding, soccer, swimming, tennis, and wrestling.
|Interest Level||Grade 2 - Grade 5|
|Reading Level||Grade 3|
|Publisher||Lerner Publishing Group|
|Brand||Lerner ™ Sports|
|Imprint||Lerner Digital ™|
|Features||Awards, Fast facts, Glossary, Glossary words bolded within text, Photo captions, Sidebars, Source notes, and Teaching Guides|
- 2020 EdTech Award Finalist
Lerner eSource™ offers free digital teaching and learning resources, including Common Core State Standards (CCSS) teaching guides. These guides, created by classroom teachers, offer short lessons and writing exercises that give students specific instruction and practice using Common Core skills and strategies. Lerner eSource also provides additional resources including online activities, downloadable/printable graphic organizers, and additional educational materials that would also support Common Core instruction. Download, share, pin, print, and save as many of these free resources as you like!
Lerner ™ Sports Database
Score big with sports fans, reluctant readers, and report writers! Lerner Sports is a database of high-interest biographies profiling sports superstars. Packed with fascinating facts, these bios explore the backgrounds, career-defining moments, and everyday View available downloads →