Customer Service Manager
This position is responsible for managing a Customer Service staff of five, documenting processes, providing metrics, and interacting with the Sales, IT, and Distribution teams. With a detail-oriented mindset and an ability to work with a high volume of activity in a fast-paced environment, this position will address all customer needs – both directly and indirectly – in a timely and accurate manner, while exercising a high level of service and quality. This position also resolves product and/or service problems by clarifying and addressing customer complaints with the upmost level of professionalism and courtesy to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ongoing training with staff; coordinate training with Sales, Marketing, and Distribution teams.
- Assist in special projects, training, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedural documents, including standard operating procedure documentation, FAQ’s, as well as other customer service support documents and various templates.
- Establish competency with customer set-up (web and manual) with a general understanding of sales channels, customer types, and appreciation for resulting transactional data (i.e. why it is done the way it is).
- Troubleshoot current processes and order performance to proactively define broad solutions, policies, and procedures that will lead to continuous improvement. Collaborate closely with IT department to accomplish these initiatives.
- Research and respond to customer concerns/issues; maintain open and informative communication with other CSRs to improve overall team and company performance/initiatives.
- Maintain working knowledge of product content and product attributes relevant to customers’ FAQ’s, including both print and digital products. (Examples: reading level, interest level, curriculum standards, Dewey classifications, copyright date, related products and product formats, digital product features.)
- Work closely with Accounting Department to address customer billing and credit/discount arrangements.
- Gain a general understanding of the Library Processing (LP) operation; provide the tasks and metrics needed to complete this activity efficiently and accurately.
- Develop and maintain customer service metrics and the reporting that is associated with established performance standards.
- Exhibit an interest in companywide initiatives and respect for various department protocols.
- Perform other related business duties assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
Experience and Necessary Skills:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills to interact with customers and all levels of the organization.
- Excellent documentation skills along with the ability to determine the level of effort needed to achieve target and project dates.
- High regard for proper service attitudes and public relations.
- Efficiency, with accuracy; detail-oriented; willingness and ability to manage some repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and process-oriented skills.
- Possess a strong understanding of, and prior experience creating and using pivot tables, data marts and cubed (queried) data.
- The ability to setup and manage a customer service phone system.
- The ability to represent the Customer Service department in communications and interactions with the Sales and IT departments.
- Documentation/publication experience with MS Office products (Access, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint), screen capture software, and content management systems.
- Knowledge of customer service processes, practices, and techniques as they relate to E-commerce.
- EDI processing, functionality, and requirements using intermediary programmers/providers.
- Experience with credit card transactions, setup and design, and customer credit card purchases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three to five years related experience
- A high regard for education, libraries, literacy and learning
- Experience leading and participating in interdepartmental teams
Please send resumes or any general employment inquires to:
Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.
241 First Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE