Do you enjoy learning about things like: outer space, cool science, history and historical figures, sports, and animals? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and do quality design and production work? Come join our team and make a difference in a child’s reading experience! Long standing Minneapolis children’s publisher is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to make outstanding cover designs, creative and organized layouts with attention to detail, and with the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. In this exciting full time position you’ll be working collaboratively with Art Directors, Designers, Editorial staff, and Premedia & Production staff while designing both single titles and series-based book products — photographic and illustrated — on a variety of topics and age levels, Kindergarten through young adult.
Experience and Necessary Skills:
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in the industry.
- Must have a degree in Graphic Design or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- Must possess expertise in Adobe CC and be familiar with paragraph styles, character styles, object styles, and master pages.
- Must have excellent organization and project tracking skills.
- Must be ready to collaborate and communicate effectively with a variety of team members.
- Must have experience with print processes and building files to print specs.
- Experience in children’s book publishing industry preferred.
- Experience in working with illustrators preferred.
- Knowledge of children’s educational book series a plus.
- Experience with digital formats a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a mostly open environment.
Please send resumes or any general employment inquires to:
Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.
241 First Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE