Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support national trade book sales force.
- Work with Marketing to create seasonal trade catalog on Edelweiss.
- Responsible for LPS client product images and reviews, PDFs and other seasonal tasks, in conjunction with supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with Amazon sales and inventory analysis and reporting.
- Provide direct support and assistance to the sales staff per supervisor’s direction.
- Process requests and maintain records of product samples, review copies, catalogs, cover images and other supplemental materials for all sales reps (school/library, trade, etc.).
- Complete and file required paperwork for vendor applications, title adoptions, regional bids, and various other contractual opportunities.
- Support school and library sales reps by completing quotations, title correlations, specialized lists, and other sales related projects.
- Fulfill requests and maintain record of school and library rep sales expenses, including exhibit charges.
- Distribute sales leads (including, but not limited to, grant announcements, new school openings, and digital trial recipients) to the appropriate members of the school and library sales force.
- Compile seasonal school and library rep materials.
- Assist with customer inquiries, competitive analysis and sell sheet acquisition.
- Maintain seasonal cover images and distribute to wholesalers/distributors and other customers as requested for customers who do not receive an ONIX feed.
- Assist with periodic updates to and maintenance of internal data management system.
- Manage title submission and maintain ongoing records for leveling organizations such as Accelerated Reader, Lexile, Fountas & Pinnell, etc.
- Organize and maintain department’s library with the assistance of interns when available.
- Perform other related business duties assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
Experience and Necessary Skills: Proven organizational skills, a strong interest in children’s book publishing, and the ability to prioritize projects and daily tasks to meet long-term and short-term deadlines. Must be detail oriented and adept at handling multiple projects. Minimum of one-year computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education: A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Please send resumes or any general employment inquires to:
- Joyce Hutchinson
- Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.
- 241 First Ave N
- Minneapolis, MN 55401
- FAX: 612-204-9208
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE