Intern—Editorial (SUMMER 2020)
Lerner Publishing Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Summary: Assist Editorial teams with various projects while gaining hands-on experience in the publishing industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an active member of the Editorial team by supporting all efforts.
- Upon request, perform research tasks, utilizing local libraries and the internet.
- Upon request, compile book style sheets, photo wish lists, further reading lists, verify indexes, write back cover copy, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties, including photocopying.
- Edit eBook metadata and validate eBook files.
- Test standard and enhanced eBooks, audiobooks, and other digital products on a variety of devices to ensure top quality.
- Test online platforms and apps on a variety of devices to ensure top quality.
- Provide QA feedback in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in creation of eBooks, audiobooks, preview files, and other digital products as necessary.
- Assist with writing and/or editing marketing copy and project documentation.
- Perform special projects or other related business duties assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
Experience and Necessary Skills:
- Strong writing and proof reading ability
- Proficiency with library and Internet research
- Strong interest in children’s writing and book publishing
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer experience including MS Word
- Familiarity with a variety of e-readers, especially iPad and Kindle
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or experience with ebook creation is a plus
Education: Two years of undergraduate work or equivalent experience; major in English, Education, History, or related field.
Please send resumes or any general employment inquires to:
Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.
1251 Washington Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE